Video Players For Windows: A virtuous PC video player must meet specific minimum necessities. On the one hand, it is an obligation to copy all kinds of designs, and on the other, it must have a good set of functionalities. Which are the best for smooth and smooth video viewing from a Windows PC?
Additional Information: https://www.thedigitaltrendz.com
What is a Video Codec?
Formerly getting into flour, it would be advisable to talk a bit about codecs. While we watch a video, we use what is commonly familiar as codecs. This word codec comes from the union of the Anglo-Saxon terms “coder” and “decoder.” It is a program responsible for encoding (c\ompressing) and decoding (playing from compressed media) multimedia audio and video folder.
There are different types of codecs for data. Thus, video codecs are responsible for treating sequential images, and audio codecs do the same with sounds. In this way, when we want to reproduce a video with sound, we use both types of codecs.
One of the essential factors in a codec is its difficulty and speed in data processing. If a codec is too dense or our device is not powerful enough, the reproduction will be weighing up-down, and we will have cuts or hangs.
Video Players for Windows 10/8/7
To decode audio/video files, we generally use media players, media players, or as everyone usually knows them: video players. These are 10 of the most conspicuous that we can currently find in Windows.
1. VLC Player
We can talk about the finest video players for PC; we must mention VLC. If you continue thinking of consuming a player additional than the one that usually comes in Windows, this should probably be it.
It practically repeats what you throw at it; it is free, open-source, and also has an infinite number of functionalities:
- Available in practically all operating systems.
- Read subtitles.
- Play videos in 360 degrees and 8K.
- It allows reproducing content in network and online
- It can also read in DVD format.
- It has extensions to offer more functionalities.
PotPlayer is one of the insufficient players that is still compatible with Windows XP. It also supports Windows 7/8/10, an individual of its best resources being the fact that it does not consume too many properties.
- It allows hardware acceleration for a better experience.
- Some 3D-oriented functions.
- It supports a large number of codecs.
- Customizable (support the coverings).
- Minimalist scheme.
- It allows you to download captions for video files.
3. 5K Player
5K Player is further than just a video player. In addition to playing files nearby, you can play streaming videos and listen to the radio. It is free, yes, but with some advertisements for products belonging to the same company that we will meet along the way.
- It allows you to download YouTube videos.
- Supports DLNA / AirPlay
- 4K / 5K video playback.
- HEVC / H.264 decoding.
4. GOM Media Player
Gretech Media Player is some of the best free video players for Windows. It is compatible through the most common audio and video formats (MP4, FLV, AVI, MOV). In any case, if we have a file that it does not recognize, we can always use its integrated codec search engine to get out of the jam.
- Speed control, A-B repeats, screenshots …
- Customizable appearance through skins.
- You can join to the OpenSubtitles.org database to get subtitles.
- Compatible with older computers with Windows XP.
5. ACG Player
It is a UWP presentation, which means that it is also compatible with tablets and supports gesticulation control. It is free, though it contains ads (something we can avoid by making an in-app purchase).
- It supports a large number of designs, including 360-degree video files.
- Sound as well as video special effects.
- Virtual streaming.
- It can use as a multimedia server.
The multimedia center par excellence. Not merely does it play any type of video locally. However, it also has many additions or add-ons to expand its possibilities to infinity and beyond. Originally it was called XBMC (Xbox Media Center) and was involved in the first Xbox. A classic, open-source and free.
- It can sync it with Netflix, YouTube, and so many other online streaming services.
- It allows you to watch TV online.
- Compatible with a multitude of formats.
7. Media Player Classic
It clear the simple interface objectives to offer a light and efficient experience. Pretentious and, at the same time, one of the best free players that we can find in 2019 for Windows 7/8/10.
- It takes a portable form that organizes not involve installation.
- Customizable over coverings as well as toolbars.
8. UM Player
The greatest virtue of the Complete Media Player is that it is lightweight. Perfect for old equipment or those that do not have many resources.
- It supports a wide-ranging variety of codecs and designs.
- It allows playing media from external sources like YouTube and the like.
9. DivX Player
Approximately people think that this video player works to play a very definite design. The truth is to supports a wide variety of video designs. DivX Player is particularly deliberate to play HEVC videos as well as HD videos.
- Media server for devices.
- Create playlists.
10. KM Player
KM Player is a Chinese video player established by PandoraTV that has been on the market place for years. It’s in progress out without many specs, but today it’s packed with a good suite of tools and features. It is one of the best-rated players by Windows users. Plus, it’s free and 100% ad-free.
- It supports high-resolution videos in QHD and UHD.
- You don’t need too powerful a team.