Digital marketing is the type of marketing that uses digital media to carry out its marketing strategies. It seeks to use resources such as social networks, email marketing, websites, applications, among others, to promote a brand, product, or service on the network.
Through digital marketing services, strategic marketing is applied in conjunction with operational marketing to attract the target audience and improve sales.
Table of ContentsToggle
Characteristics of Digital Marketing
The main characteristics of digital marketing are the following:
- He is in permanent contact with new technologies, such as social networks, smartphones, etc.
- It makes use of advertising, communication, and public relations.
- This allows the user to have personalized information according to their interests.
- It is a mass marketing medium. That is to say, for little money, it allows you to reach a large number of online users.
- It remains based on its 4F: flow, functionality, feedback, and loyalty.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing has both advantages and disadvantages for the development of a company.
- It’s universal – you can reach many people regardless of region, country, or city.
- Availability: it can be received 24 hours a day and on any day of the week.
- It is interactive: it allows you to contact customers, find out what they like and dislike.
- This is measurable: it provides the ability to obtain real-time data quickly and accurately.
- It demands a low cost: less money remains invested than in traditional marketing.
- Easy distribution – Digital media is easy to use and spreads faster.
- Some are afraid of registering their data on the web, so they do not carry out online purchases or e-commerce operations.
- It does not last: users regularly remember for less time an advertisement displayed on the networks.
- Technological dependence: it is excessively dependent on network services and digital resources, both for the production of content and for the transmission of messages to the audience.
Digital marketing tools
Digital marketing remains made up of a series of technological resources that help create, execute, analyze, and improve its advertising strategy. According to their functionality, we can classify the digital marketing tools in:
gather information on the impact of publications on the network. Some of the best known analytical tools are Google Analytics, Ahrefs, SEMrush.
they optimally manage repetitive tasks. The best known is Hubspot for being a pioneer in marketing. Another widely used for its easy handling is Sharpspring.
the main thing when using systems is to manage the content and visualize the visits’ flow. For this, the most used tools are HootSuite and Buffer.
useful to know the place or position of our website in the search engine results. Woorank and Übersuggest are some of the most recommended.
content management tools such as Aweber and Get Response to remain used. Both are great for small to medium content. Mailchimp is also one of the most prominent.