The situation no surprise that safeguarding backlinks for your e-commerce site can remain a real hassle. Learning how to get these backlinks can be a time-consuming and challenging process.
However, quality backlinks can help you stand out from giants like Amazon and eBay.
In our opinion, a solid backlink strategy might be the best plan to lift your e-commerce site consistently.
But before we delve into backlinks, let’s go over some of the best SEO practices. If you are already an SEO expert looking to benefit from our backlink strategies, skip this part.
Table of ContentsToggle
- SEO Description
- Use Backlinks and SEO for E-Commerce
- Five Practical Ways To Create Backlinks To Your Website
- Five Online Tools To Improve Your Backlink Strategy
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is how web page owners optimize their sites and related content to align as closely as possible to search terms that attract quality traffic.
Positioning manually on the first page of Google results could be considered the “Holy Grail” of Internet marketing. Your website must compete with other carriers to present the most relevant and pertinent information from any Google user search.
Sound SEO strategies require several variables: high-quality content focused on a niche in the market, website optimization, suitable keywords, carefully selected titles, and meta descriptions, to name a few. If you’re curious, we’ve already concealed this topic in detail here.
Now, let’s get on with the backlinks!
Use Backlinks and SEO for E-Commerce
Before we get to the logistics of backlink design for your e-commerce site, it is essential to understand how SEO and referral traffic connects to your page.
Referred traffic is the amount of traffic that comes through other links to your website. Optimizing your referred backlinks can have a significant effect on your e-commerce page.
In many cases, the power of the backlink depends on the authority of the referring web page. In other words, with a website like Amazon that gives only one backlink, your SEO ranking is more likely to increase, compared to many backlinks from unknown pages.
This type is even more essential to secure backlinks from respected pages for your website.
Instead, start by optimizing your online store first, and then develop backlink strategies. Optimizing your website is the first line of defense to avoid being lowered in Google rankings.
Whether you’re revisiting your digital marketplace or opening a new online store or brand, make sure it meets the following criteria:
- Each web page should be no more than three clicks away from your home or main page. Doing it this way helps your main page’s current SEO ranking trickle down to the other pages. Pages far removed from your home page that have a higher value will not receive the same benefits.
- If browsing your store is difficult for the user, Google will penalize you. Think of your e-commerce store as an element and mortar physical location. Browsing the products, getting more information, requesting help, and the cancellation registration should go smoothly. Test and gather user feedback to ensure that the experience is simple.
- Integrate a blog. Please consider this seriously. Any referral traffic you get from your blog will directly benefit your web store. Learn more about this below.
Five Practical Ways To Create Backlinks To Your Website
1. Start Blogging Another Time
A blog is possibly the most efficient way to create backlinks for your e-commerce site. Your products will most likely solve your customers’ problems, or you wouldn’t be in business.
To get started, think about your potential clients’ questions and then write and publish these articles.
Chances are, if you’re writing for your niche, industry leaders could share your article on their networks.
Other techniques involved in this category include running press releases, guest posts as opinion leaders, and getting influencers in your industry to write about your product.
2. Replace Old and Obsolete Content
When using this strategy, you will first want to remove old or outdated content from your website. After completing this process, use tools like the ones we outlined in the previous section to review articles and pages with obsolete content.
After you’ve found a site that works for you, contact the owners of that site, and see if they would update their outdated content with your fresh new articles.
3. Rating of Broken Backlinks
This option requires some marketing skills. If you know your opposition, use their URL to find broken backlinks (links that lead to a URL that is not working).
You can do this with several online backlink study tools, some of which we mention below.
Once you’ve found their broken backlinks, create content around these broken backlinks to fill in the gaps.
Then contact the owners of that website and let them know that you have noticed that their content is down and that you have similar content available.
Broken links degrade a website’s search position on Google, so this strategy benefits both the webmaster of the other page and you.
4. Your Provider’s Backlink
If your provider has a website, send them the information about your product and website to place a backlink in the partners or sellers section.
Generally, these web pages have many visits and more reputation, which will increase the quality of your backlinks.
5. Trade your Products with other Brands
This technique is instrumental when done correctly. It is similar to the one presented in # 4. Let’s imagine you are selling high-quality fur dog leads.
If you can find a numerical retailer that sells dog products (such as collars, badges, or pet food), contact them and ask if they are interested in adding a link to their site.
Please return the favor to them and enjoy the benefits of higher search rankings.
Five Online Tools To Improve Your Backlink Strategy
These tried and true online tools will surely help you as you improve your backlink strategy.
- AHrefs: Look at all the links that your website currently has.
- BrokenLinkBuilder: Finds pages related to your workspace that are broken, down, or not working.
- Moz Link Explorer: Relate backlinks between two or more domains.
- WhiteSpark: Create appointments, earn reviews, and record your ranking both globally and locally.
- Google Search Console: Evaluate your website’s performance and observe potential problems such as spam links to ensure that your page is friendly or compatible with Google.