What is Amazon Prime, and Advantages of Subscribing to it
Today we will tell you what Amazon Prime is, which until recently was called Amazon Premium in Spain, and the advantages of subscribing to this online store program. Some may think that everything is limited to free shipping in 24 hours, but there are many more benefits and services included at the same price.
We will start by describing what exactly this service is and its main advantages in terms of discounts on shipping costs. But then we will also list the rest of the benefits that you will have when it comes to pre-buying video games, purchasing home products, or uploading your photos to an exclusive cloud.
Also read: What are Social Media: Benefits and Which are the Most Used
Table of Contents
What is Amazon Prime, and How Much Does it Cost?
- Amazon Prime is an annual subscription program of the Amazon online store and has 36 euros per year or 4.99 euros per month. Its main benefit is that you will have free 24-hour shipping on more than two million products that have the Prime label by being registered with it. When you go to write, Amazon offers you a free trial month.
- Amazon Prime does not require you to make a minimum purchase to benefit from its free shipping unless some of the products belong to the Plus Program. It is another different program that offers dozens of products at significantly low prices, but that requires a minimum order of 36 euros, excluding shipping costs, to apply the benefits of Prime in the shipments.
- You also have express delivery, one to four business days, or standard delivery of three business days free. Also, in most postal codes in the Community of Madrid and some in Barcelona, it offers Prime Now, which gives you the same product for free in two hours or for 5.90 euros in one hour. In Madrid and Barcelona, there is also the option Delivery today, which sends a free order the same day if it exceeds 29 euros.
- The free shipping modalities mean that with just a few purchases you make per year on Amazon, it is already worth to subscribe the Prime program. In addition to these advantages, other varied services are included in the price, from a free alternative to Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, to the reservation of products before they go on sale.
- The Amazon Prime subscription is not available to businesses, legal entities, or those who buy to resell. The program remains only intended for end customers who purchase products for their private use. Besides, if an order has products that do not enter the Prime program. The shipping costs that correspond to them will stand charged separately.
Advantages Amazon Prime have
Beyond the free shipping that we have talked about above, Amazon Prime offers other advantages to its users. For example, when Amazon is going to make one of its Flash Offers, discounts for time and limited units. Prime users will be able to access 30 minutes before the start of the offer so as not to run out of it.
It will be especially useful in specific sales periods, such as Black Friday or especially Prime Day. This second is an annual event of exclusive sales for Prime users. It remains a global event held in 13 countries worldwide, with exclusive offers for two days.
If you like to read, being a Prime user, you also have access to Kindle Prime. Where you have hundreds of free Kindle ebooks included in your subscription. And you also have Amazon’s alternative to Spotify. A service called Prime Music with two million songs without ads and offline mode. This service is not as complete as Amazon Music Unlimited. But it is included in the subscription, while the other costs 9.99 euros per month.
If you are a video game lover, you also have exciting advantages. For example, in pre-sale mode. You will receive discounts on the Amazon Prime subscription for the purchase of certain video games. For example, if you pre-purchase a video game with a two-euro Prime deal. You have to make to continue in the program by the next annual payment. Instead of 36, you will pay 34 euros the following year.
If you are a Twitch tv user and have your Amazon Prime account linked to the service. You will be able to watch Twitch without ads. You will be able to subscribe for free to a channel each month. And you will have access to free content and rewards each month. For example, you can get characters, vehicles, skins, virtual currencies, and power-ups in some games.
Also, if you are a Prime user, you will have access to Amazon Pantry. It is an impressive catalog of day-to-day products, such as food, drinks, or home. You add the products to a box that costs 3.99 euros per unit. And that is the price you have to pay for the shipments. You will also have access to Amazon Family, which offers you a 15% discount on diapers.
And finally, the great jewel in the crown. Being a member of Amazon Prime, you have free access to Prime Video. Amazon’s streaming service for series and movies has its own exclusive content from Amazon Originals. And an exciting catalog of sequels and films. It’s like Netflix, but this one kept in check within your subscription.
Also read: What is a Professional Certification in PMP, SAP, Google, or Six Sigma?